Friday 5 December 2014

Breakfast!

There is nothing better than getting the day off to a good start. To me breakfast is the most important meal in the day and I just wouldn't feel right if I didn't get my morning meal before leaving the house.


I try to get as much fibre in my diet as I can, and breakfast is the easiest meal to do that. I'll mix it up from time time, varying between granola and muesli and adding in seasonal fruits sometimes to chunk it up and add texture. The dried fruits and nuts in these cereals are a great source of protein so this is a great way of fitting several food groups packed into a small bowl.

I love my dairy and I'll have this granola with either milk of flavoured yoghurt. The one above by Onken is absolutely divine. It's the first time trying this flavour (I normally have the mango and vanilla or strawberry flavoured type). I've really fallen in love with it and the combination of blueberry and elderberry reminds me of the early crisp days of Spring in my childhood in Sweden, picking blueberries in the forest.

I hope to show you some more breakfast ideas in the near future and I would love to hear what sort of food gets you waking up in the morning.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment