Monday 16 February 2015

Happiness: Living for yourself




Hi everyone,

I wanted to share with you what I do to make myself happier and more fulfilled with my life. Sometimes work, studies and relationships with friends and family can put a lot of pressure in your life and in the long run this can have a negative impact on your health and happiness.

























There is no right way to be happy but taking time out to do the things you enjoy and leave all the worries of life at the door can help to give you the right sort of energy and strength you need to carry yourself forward and stay positive and motivated. Here are just some of the things I like to do:

  • A large warm cup of tea with honey; I think I look forward to a cup of tea more than I enjoy a lie in on a Saturday. I drink anything from Chamomile, Chai and peppermint to some more of the usual classics like English Breakfast and Earl Grey.
  • Exercise; Running in the cold winter air is a favourite past time of mine. If I'm not down with the flu or anything that is. I try to put aside time for exercise in the calendar for three set days in the week and then stick to it and this can vary between running, gym, ballet or yoga. If I've been unwell, I'll give my body an additional week off, to avoid getting a relapse and make sure I recover properly. 
  • Photography and drawing; I've been drawing since I was very young, and from early on, I've learnt to grow this talent to greater depths. I love nothing more than to go through arts and crafts or stationary stores and picking up paint brushes and acrylics and oil paints for new projects. I recently took photography a bit further as well, and I'm finding so much peace in capturing those precious moments and beautiful life that's all around us.
  • A good read; I'm a self confessed bookaholic. I currently have about six books I've got to find the time for and read through, but I love nothing more than curling up in my cozy corner and escaping into the world of a 'mysig' book.
Now these are just my ideas of what adds joy into my life. There are many other things I love and I'm sure, you can find activities and things which let you escape for a few hours from stress and worries.


Have a happy life,



No comments:

Post a Comment