Saturday 14 February 2015

Green Living 2015

Hi everyone,

It’s that time of year again. We are two months into the new year and on your list (including mine!) and probably near the top, is a resolution to start eating healthier. And every year you tell yourself this time it’s going to be different. Well…let’s face it, it’s not, but I would rather be honest with myself than face the disappointment by the end of summer (possibly sooner) that I have failed miserably at kicking away bad habits.

Now for me, my biggest crave is bread! I love bread so much that I went to all the effort of learning how to make it myself when I was at university. But I’ve realized that just because you enjoy eating a particularly unhealthy thing doesn’t mean that you should lock it away in a cupboard when the new-year resolutions come in and the yearly ‘diet’ starts again. So this year, I’m going to do things a little differently as an experiment and I will be sharing my journey with you as I go along.

So here it goes…

 I find it quite difficult to get myself to eat a lot of fruit and veg, Since last summer I have tried to introduce a whole range of new food that I just haven't had the will power to go out and buy previously. Every week, I will add one new fruit or vegetable to try and this is working well for me at the moment because I end up trying whatever is in season rather than looking for anything specific which might possibly be out of season.

Then winter came....

I really don't like eating cold things in winter so salad was definitely out of the question. Then I FINALLY cottoned onto the nutri-bullet and all my worries seemed to melt away like the proverbial snow I expected at christmas ;-) But the price tag seemed a bit steep so, the Breville smoothie maker is doing just as a good a job at churning those juicy mangoes and blueberries.

Grab whatever fruit and vegetable you can rummage out of the fridge and freezer and start blitzing! I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this right now. It's great as a breakfast, snack and well...anything really.


So that's the start anyway, I'll keep you posted on what else I'm coming up with under this title so if you enjoyed this and want to find out more, please subscribe ;-)

Have a happy life,



No comments:

Post a Comment